Room thermostat not switching heating off.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All - I have been having issues where the heating doesent switch off when the room gets above temp. I have tried replacing the Room thermostat - Drayton model, and the controller Drayton (Invensys) Lifestyle LP522 just replaced today to no avail. I recently replaced also the body of the 3 port motorised valve but not the actuator as the rads were getting hot when the hot water was on. The 3 port valve replacement was a Drayton MA1 like for like swap but I havent swapped the actuator as this appeared to be working ok but I did note though that even when the actuator had been removed from the valve body for a while with the heating off the actuator was getting warm. Its as though its permanently powered even when the heating is off. Is this normal? Its about the only thing I can think of to swap before i admit defeat and call in a plumber. Also of note is that the thermostat doesent make much of a click any more when turning it up ur down past its trigger point it does click but only very quietly. Thanks in advance for any ideas,

Sponsored Links
It sounds as if you may need to call your plumber in. Is there a reason why you changed the valve body but not the actuator? Normally it's the other way round. And actuator motors can constantly turn until there's no demand for either heating or hot water. if you have the facility to test your room stat, i.e. a continuity tester, then you can quite easily test to see if your room stat is operating correctly. :)

It sounds as if you may need to call your plumber in. Is there a reason why you changed the valve body but not the actuator? Normally it's the other way round. And actuator motors can constantly turn until there's no demand for either heating or hot water. if you have the facility to test your room stat, i.e. a continuity tester, then you can quite easily test to see if your room stat is operating correctly. :)

Thanks - I changed the body as the rads were heating up when only the water was on - when I removed the actuator the spindle was very stiff and after removal I could see it wasnt sealing properly so it needed doing.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back