Rosemary Tiles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am re-roofing part of the roof and have removed existing Rosemary tiles, there were no battens used previously just nailed straight into the felt. Should I use battens when replacing or just nail into membrane/felt as previous?

Sponsored Links
And pierce the membrane?

What's behind the membrane? Any pictures?

r1.jpg
The tiles are/were directly fixed to the sarking. I have removed them because they roof had rotted at the edge and I have decided to replace the lower section of the roof. I was surprised to find out they had been nailed onto the felt. I intend to use osb3 board with a breathable membrane. Will upload pictures later on.

Attachments

• r2.jpg
    r2.jpg
    297.4 KB · Views: 378
  • r3.jpg
    r3.jpg
    148.3 KB · Views: 359
  • r4.jpg
    r4.jpg
    257.4 KB · Views: 371
  • r5.jpg
    r5.jpg
    147.6 KB · Views: 387
Last edited:
Sponsored Links
There is not a lot I an do about that now, for the moment I have to make the best of it.

That's a flat roof and as such needs covering with a sheet material - probably the best way forward would be for you to look up something like " DIY rubber roofing" that will get you in the right direction for a kit to fit your roof size. ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back