Ross HD satellite kit at B&Q

Discussion in 'Audio Visual' started by streetlighter, 11 Mar 2010.

1. streetlighter

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Seen a complete free to view HD satellite system in store this afternoon for £79 it included a HD satellite box and a 60 cm dish with LNB and required fittings.
    The dish looked alright for the price but they did not have the box on display. Has anybody on there bought one ? Im very tempted to get this for my second TV room just to watch the odd programme on BBC HD and the dish i would prob keep in storage.

2. Al-Glasgow

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    I seen it myself, I guess the box must be basic.

I use the foxsat hdr box, love it.

Especially world cup footy coming soon free on HD.

I reckon its worth the money unless you already got a sky satellite already fitted.

Al

3. streetlighter

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Ive got Sky HD in the living room had that for about 2 years and im on my 4th box they are that good. Only staying with Sky as i called to cancel in January and they gave me a deal for 6 months to reconsider tempted to get a Humax Foxsat HDR for downstairs.
    I did have a bush Freesat HD box on the bedroom TV but i sold it on after i got talked into taking out a sub to BT vision thats alright but has no HD content.
    Ive herd nothing but good things about the Humax Foxsat think that might be my best option.

4. lymmranger

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    The Foxsat HDR is awsome!!!!!

I have had sky, virgin and skyhd and none of them even come close to the foxsat

even better no monthly subscriptions - the only downside is no DAVE :cry: but that may change and I still have freeview for dave :D

...they are a bit hard to get at the moment - probrably due to the fact that a newer model with a 500gig hd is due out
    - I will be getting another one for the bedroom as soon as possible - unless anyone knows how to re-activate the record function on a skyplus box, now used for freesat only sky want £10 per month to make a box i paid for to work - cheeky sods