Rough cost for new bathroom window

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

We plan on having a window in a bathroom with no existing window. It is on the 1st floor. The outside wall is above the garage roof which is tiled and an apex so not flat. We only need a smallish window as you can imagine there is no light and we have those annoying energy saving light bulbs which take a few minutes to get to full brightness.

I wondered how much I might expect to be quoted as I am ok at DIY but do not want to take on this project. I wonder if scaffolding would be needed or work could be carried out inside or maybe via ladder on sloped roof?

Many Thanks

Sponsored Links
its a lot of work really and it wouldnt be cheap. Get a better light bulb....

Hi,
That's a good idea but not feasable as its on the 1st floor with a floor above so not near the loft. I think LED lights are a solution for the time being.
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Depends if you know any trades people really and the size of the window.
I would estimate £800-£2000 plus building regs fee and possibly planning department fees too

I would estimate £800-£2000 plus building regs fee and possibly planning department fees too

In my area there was no planning required for a new window (ground floor) as it wasn't counted as development. Also, building regs weren't interested as long as it was installed by a FENSA company (yes, I know FENSA is about replacement windows not new).

IIRC cost was around £600 vs £300 for the simple replacement windows but ground floor so no scaffold etc around 6 years ago. That was for a double pane side and top opener so possibly bigger than yours.

We are just about to have a new window installed where there isn't one, along with a lintel and making good. Its going to be about 900x900mm, Cost is about £600. That's ground floor though.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back