Roughly how much to fit gas hob?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Roughly what would you charge to hook up a supplied new four ring gas hob?

Currently I have an electric hob and electric oven. When I was replacing the oven I noticed there is a capped off gas pipe that could be used for the hob behind the oven.

So basically I would pull out the electric oven/hob out the way leaving the space for the gas hob to be connected to existing supply before I reinstate the oven.

I appreciate you can't see the site, but what would be a reasonable price?

Sponsored Links
No but I tried ifyouregoingtomakeashìtjokemakesureyouspellthewebsiteaddresscorrectly.com

Sponsored Links
Just because there is a pipe there does not mean that it is live you will have to get an RGI to check for you

"To hook up" ?

What does that cover?

IF the hob has been fitted into the work surface and all I have to do is connect an existing gas pipe to it, then usually just about £65.

Its hardly an economic price but a bit of a loss leader to prevent any DIY or builder jobs.

Tony

:ROFLMAO: Dan, you were done there mate!

OP: as mentioned, if the new hob drops perfectly into an existing opening and no "ease and adjustment" carpentry is required AND the gas supply is live AND leak free! Then £80-90 would be a normal fee!

In my experience, this is never the case, so... You could do the dry fit checks and adjustments yourself to make sure the hob fits as you wish, then call an RGI to test the supply and do the hook up... any costs relating to the supply will only be known when inspected!

is gas pipe live? is gas pipe sized correctly for new hob? are clearences and ventilation ok (gas regs require certain things an electric hob wont), is a heat barrier needed between hob and draws?

theres alot to consider, a straight swap gas for gas with no major alterations would be 45-60 around my parts.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back