routing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am quite a competent DIYer and am in the final stages of a loft conversion. I would like to use a router to give a panel affect to sheets of MDF.

I have a router I bout cheaply a few years back, but when I tried to use it previously I never had great success and control was difficult.

Has any one any advice or a guide they could point me in the direction of. I guess the quality of bit is the most important factor??

Mark

Sponsored Links
The bit needs to be good quality, mdf is pretty harsh on blades. 1/2" router is preferable.Clamp of screw a guide to the material it keeps the cut straight and true, a guide either side will prevent any wandering, takes a lot longer to do with guides but well worth it as you won't ruin any thru unwanted movement of the tool.

if you want a panel effect,just cut strips of mdf say 4" wide and stick/pin that to the walls.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back