RPZ Standoff.

Sponsored Links
Excellent. People power.

No doubt someone will be on here soon saying that the residents are wrong to make a stand. I think I nose who it might be too :LOL:

Ah memories, my mates lived in st pauls in 1986/87, personally I lived in Cotham, happy riotous days!

Ah memories, my mates lived in st pauls in 1986/87, personally I lived in Cotham, happy riotous days!

Cotham's gone quite posh now, attracts all the Clifton-wannabes who can't quite stretch to the ludicrous property prices.

St Pauls is still an inner-city, ghetto toilet.

Sponsored Links
Brissel sprouts getting roused ! Good on 'em.

-0-

Not exactly your typical Bristolians, unless we normally look like Bob Marley and call everyone 'brother' (just in case they are). :LOL:

Not surprised they don't want a residents parking zone. Might affect certain 'trading' that goes on in those parts.

Disgusting.

Absolute loons, the lot of them. Sitting around on benefits all day, why else would they all be around ready to pounce when the council come to paint the road?

Christ almighty, they make me puke they really do.

Cotham's gone quite posh now, attracts all the Clifton-wannabes who can't quite stretch to the ludicrous property prices.

Ahh, I moved from Cotham to Clifton the following year... Meridian Place IIRC ... happy daze... mind you clifton was still pretty dear back then.

Disgusting.

Absolute loons, the lot of them. Sitting around on benefits all day, why else would they all be around ready to pounce when the council come to paint the road?

Faux vitreol methinks!!! :D

Ahh, I moved from Cotham to Clifton the following year... Meridian Place IIRC ... happy daze... mind you clifton was still pretty dear back then.

Meridian Place still has lots of student digs there. The Quinton House is a nice little pub, which we used to frequent in the late 80s and The Lansdown. The Corrie Tap cider house was the place to get really damaged - still is. Then into The Alex Club after. Happy days!

Meridian Place still has lots of student digs there. The Quinton House is a nice little pub, which we used to frequent in the late 80s and The Lansdown. The Corrie Tap cider house was the place to get really damaged - still is. Then into The Alex Club after. Happy days!

Used to frequent the landsdowne, corrie tap, albion and vaults..... well everywhere in clifton really!

I was going to say something about our electing councillors to serve us, rather than us to serve them.

Then I read further down the comments, and I understood.

It put me in mind of a report today in the Daily Telegraph about certain areas in Paris being 'no go' areas where even the police fear to tread.

I think the red trousered Mayor is desperate to bring in some vehicular tax, of course he, himself will have no parking problems at home or crucially at umm - work?.

A friend's kids live in Bristol, they cannot afford a car at present, they live in a newly defined residents only parking zone. Makes it very difficult for the aging parents to visit.

I guess around 2020 the vehicle emissions charge will surface - EURO7 compliance on the horizon - may sink those who buy a EURO6 jobby in 2015 ! It has been said that an exhaust emissions test across the RPM range, if brought into being, could sink the manufacturer's take on their particular emissions, no doubt standing as real as their fuel consumption figures.

-0-

Disgusting.

Faux vitreol methinks!!! :D

No doubt someone will be on here soon saying that the residents are wrong to make a stand. I think I nose who it might be too :LOL:

Had to rise to it. ;)

But you know me too well... ;)

I think the red trousered Mayor is desperate to bring in some vehicular tax, of course he, himself will have no parking problems at home or crucially at umm - work?.

I'm absolutely sure he is out to make money from motor vehicles but I suspect he, as a cyclist, also has a distinct hatred of motorists.

As far as I'm aware, charges are made for entering certain areas and fines issued for the usual bus lane scams. Presumably, none of this applies to cyclists.

Talking of bus lane scams, watch out at the bottom of Didsbury Road/ Parrs Wood Lane.

Don't get in the left lane for Kingsway until the end of the bus lane or the camera will get you.

Sponsored Links
Back