Rubbish Saunier Duval Thema F23E air lock in heat exchanger

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This is my first post so please be gentle. I have a rubbish saunier duval boiler that i cant really afford to replace at the moment, i have just replaced my AAV as it was leaking, but when i have re pressurised the system and started the boiler it runs for a few moments and shuts down taking the overtemp out, and i can hear a lot of air in the boiler somewhere. i have released the plastic cap on the new AAV, the manual says about bleeding any air out of the heat exchanger by undoing the air bleed cap. i cannot find such a cap anywhere, is there another way of bleeding this air out of the heat exchanger?

thanks for your help

Gavin

Sponsored Links
turn the gas off and keep resetting the boiler, if its just air it will eventually shift it.

You should have a drain off above the boiler. Connect a hose pipe securley with a jubiles clip and open. if a gravity system leave to run for a bit if pesurised just open the taps> Dont forget to open any divertor valeves. three ports etc>

Sponsored Links
If you turn the gas of the boiler will just do nothing. Just run the water through for a boit

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back