Rubbol Satura plus White - looks like a lilac/purple?????

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

Under a bit of time pressure to finish decorating my house. I bought some Sikkens Rubbol Satura plus in white and now I am painting it the colour looks purple not white.

Does anyone know if this is something that will change as it dries, or if I have a dud can? Please advise as I need to know if I should continue or stop painting.

Jon

PS - the can says White!

Sponsored Links
Hi Jon, I have the same problem!
Did 1/2 a door & stopped.

How did yours dry?
Di

Violet is diametrically opposite yellow on the colour wheel. In other words, it stops the paint going yellow.

Sponsored Links
I was looking for advice on whether this dries white or whether its a dodgy batch as Jon suggested. Not your opinion on colours, thanks.

It's not your thread mate. Start a new one.

Just to clarify - it dried in a really nice white white. It just happens to look a little purple when first applied.

Just to clarify - it dried in a really nice white white. It just happens to look a little purple when first applied.

I should also say that the finish is really very nice. The paint does have a habit of running, but that is easily solved with good technique. However the finish is almost like plastic, very smooth and tactile to the touch. I also ended up using this on my kitchen tiles (with an appropriate undercoat) and the finish is superb. The tiles look like brand new white tiles.

I asked a valid question, butt out - you are useless.

You aren't even bright enough to let the paint dry. Neither are you bright enough to understand why the colour shift i there. Grow up.

I asked a valid question, butt out - you are useless.

You need to wind your neck in.

Poaching threads is poor manners, and your attitude isn't likely to win friends.

As for chucking in a little useless insult, well at 5 posts you are hardly a knowledgeable contributor with a proven history of helping others.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back