RUNDLL error on start up

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
When my pc starts up now it comes up with a box entitled RUNDLL error. the text of teh box is that it could not find C:\windows\ezatevigulus.dll

what is it and what do i do to remedy it?

im running windows xp pro, i recently installed the latest free avg which seems to have caused a few problems as well.

Sponsored Links
Thermo, did you spell that dll correctly as google doesnt throw up any info about it

yes spelt correctly. says it cant find the module to load it. Had a couple of viruses caught by avg in the last few days, dont know if its anything to do with that?

Sponsored Links
windows xp. so how do i do it (be gentle im a computer plonker!)

we'll do it the long way then :p
1 = click START
2 = click RUN
3 = type in the box msconfig
this throws up a box called System Configuration Utility. this lets you, amongst other things, control what programs start when Windows starts.
click the Startup tab.
here are all the programs that want to run when Windows starts and are controlled by a simple check box. apart from explorer.exe everything else could be unchecked but we're doing it the long way so you'll disable 1 at a time until you've found the culprit or, look among the registered components and see if there is one calling for ezatevigulus.dll to be run.
4 - if you can't find a component calling for ezatevigulus.dll to run then just uncheck the top one if it isn't explorer.exe
5 - click apply
6 - click the General tab
7 - make sure Selective Startup has the dot by it and not Normal Startup
8 - click ok
9 - Windows will then ask you to restart as changes have been made so restart.
when Windows has restarted your RUNDLL fault may or may not appear. if it has appeared you need to follow step 1 again. this time though re-enable the component you disabled and go onto the next one and uncheck it etc etc.

DO NOT DISABLE/UNCHECK EXPLORER.EXE as you're a n00b....no offense ;)

Nick,
I don't have explorer.exe in the config startup list, never have had it there.
It should start with C:\Windows.

Also, Ccleaner now has a Tool for organising the startup list including enabling and disabling programs. This saves having the popup warning at bootup if you have altered the config utility.
It can also delete entries in the startup list that are fro programs that have been uninstalled, a feature that msconfig cannot do.

dave
;)

Sponsored Links
Back