Running more than 1 shower with shower pump(s)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Say I wished to have a vented DHW tank and run say 3 out of 5 showers in the building at the same time.

Can I put a shower pump (e.g. Mira Vision Pumped Mixer Shower) on each shower without them messing each other up?

If I used a single twin head pump (with high flow rating) would I get issues as the demand for water changes? (E.g. the flow on one shower changing as another shower is turned off/on)

Will I need a dhw special tank, so I don’t get issues with air bobbles in the water?

Sponsored Links
As per my post on your other thread, go for the booster pump, the advantage aswell is because its pressuried you can have an unvented cylinder and no issues with changes in demand.
Here's one i made earlier

Grundfos mq35 (next to water softner)feeds 3 bathrooms, downstairs loo, utility and kitchen.
All 3 showers can run at the same time with no loss in performance.

The booster tank is a very good option; I am just exploring what the other options are.

Given how much cheaper a vented DWH system is and the cost of the Grundfos Home Booster (or an accumulator), I can’t help but think it may be better to pump after the DWH tank.

Another question, I see you have the break tank in the same room as the boiler and DHW tank, is this not an issue with legionella if there is low water usage for a few days?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back