running water pipes under bath

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is it ok to run water pipes under the bath above the floor.boards sure I saw something in the water bylaws book against this? Can't.see why though?

Sponsored Links
As someone who knows next to nothing about water byelaws, if this were true, it would be the point at which I thought "**** it" and ignored them.

I've done this before and the only thing I remember reading is that some shower pump manufacturers don't like you putting pumps under baths.

When I was in college, they used to run this in their mockup a, when I questioned it they said it's fine. I however never do this as it just gets in the way of bath legs and wastes runs etc...

Sponsored Links
I however never do this as it just gets in the way of bath legs and wastes runs etc...
No it doesn't! Or at least it shouldn't.

PPPPPP

Aka the 6 P's

Google it pal;)

Lol, I've put a few baths in in my time, having pipes in the way with the potential of getting nicked or caught means a no no for me! But there is nothing wrong with it if you are that way inclined

Is it ok to run water pipes under the bath above the floor.boards sure I saw something in the water bylaws book against this? Can't.see why though?

Water byelaws were killed off in 1999 (2004 in Scotland) - over 16 years ago

There's no reason why you shouldn't run the pipes on the boards under the bath

Water byelaws were killed off in 1999 (2004 in Scotland) - over 16 years ago

Not that it's really relative to the post, just thought I'd point out that the Scottish byelaws were revised in 2004 and were updated in 2014. Still in place unfortunately.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back