Rust appearing between taps and bath

D

Deleted2797112

I had a new bathroom fitted a couple of months ago. Rust has started appearing where the taps sit on the surface of the bath. Before I get the fitter back, what should I be expecting him to do to fix this please? I'm thinking it shouldn't be something like a bead of silicone around the tap but that the tap should probably come off, then what.......?

Thanks in advance as always!

View media item 90641
View media item 90640
View media item 90642

Sponsored Links
I would have thought that this is due to condensation building up on a carbon nut / component in the tap, or a scratch on the tap chrome plating.

Personally, i'd be looking it replacing the tap irf there is some cheap carbon nuts used or making sure that the chrome hasn't been scratch and then putting a seal over the scratch. (clear nail varnish is a good barrier)

But, to get rid of the stain, replacing the silicon is required.

Get him back to lift the tap and see where it's coming from.

Is it a steel/iron bath? Could also be water getting under the tap, past the silicone and starting to rust from the tap hole.

Won't know until the taps lifted tho.

Thanks for the answers. Yes, it's a steel bath. I'll be hovering at the door to make sure the tap comes off!

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the answers. Yes, it's a steel bath. I'll be hovering at the door to make sure the tap comes off!

Don't hover by the door, get him to show you so you know exactly what's happened.
:)

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back