rusty archs and back door on a transit van

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi peeps

whats a rough guide price to have the archs and bottom of rear doors fillered prepped and blown over in white which is the existing colour in the midlands area?

Sponsored Links
I'm sorry to answer a question with another question but; how long is a piece of string?
Better to get a new pair of rear doors (scrappy).

you try getting rear doors from a scrap yard in good condition got more chance of answering the how long is a piece of string question :!:

you try getting rear doors from a scrap yard in good condition got more chance of answering the how long is a piece of string question :!:

I know, I worked in one for long enough. But how long do you think you're going to get with P40 or catty?

Sponsored Links
to be fair the doors are not bad enough that they need replacing and the archs are only just starting to come through i wanted them done before they got any worse thats all

The only reasonable way is to have a go yourself as any garage won't be able to guarantee decent lasting results.
Remove the visible rust with a detail sander, treat with Hammerite Kurust rust converter (pink liquid, turns black when applied), then spray with Hammerite beige anti rust primer, followed when alls dry with Hycote Ford Diamond White gloss - a remarkable colour match.
John :)

Back