Ryobi belt sander

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone know if I can attach a depth frame to my new Ryobi belt sander ESB 800 Need to sand a wooden floor and the old 1/3 sheet orbital just was not up to the task. I tried sanding with the Ryobi but it is scoring the wood, it is really fast and the lack of control bothers me. I saw some belt sanders with a depth frame but Ryobi don't do one for theirs and I wondered if I could attach either a universal or another make and where I would get one.

If anyone has any other advice I would be really glad of it.

Thank you

Sponsored Links
i have the old 4" sander and it comes with a frame
ryobi ebs 1310
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ns1IB6RIIkA

it looks like it is set up for a frame because it has the 2 diagonal slots that allow the height off the frame to be adjusted by moving the frame forwards or backwards causing it to go up or down the slots

Thank you for your reply

I had only had a quick look arround and had not seen one with a frame, if you happen to know where I could get the frame that would be a big help I did not see it on Ryobis web site and am struggling to find one of any make. I don't see any slots it would fit into but I don't know what else to try.

Thanks for the help I will keep looking. :(

i thought it looked like it was the same 2 slots on the link to the 4" like i have

is there no diagonal slots each side between the rollers on the side near the base

Sponsored Links
Hi

I think so, sure looks like it and I have found the slots, now all I have to do is find someone selling it. I did look up Ryobi site, and also spares and accessories but no joy there. I have noticed that not many Companies sell them separately. Probably just not the demand for them although if they are making them anyway...

Shops and web sites just want to sell you things they don't really want to solve any problems you might have.

~Thank you for you help.

Hi

Now I have had more time to look it the diagram is exactly the same as my machine, grooves and all.
Ryobi don't appear to sell the frames separately but I have emailed them anyway they can only say no! and who knows. It's for sure if you don't ask you don't get

Thank you for your help

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back