Ryobi rbc 30 sesa brush cutter help needed plz...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have had a B&q Ryobi petrol xpandit range strimmer / brushcutter for approx 8-10 years now and its always been good right through till now which surprises me as every review I see on these petrol strimmers are bad saying you may get a few months out of one, don't buy one and save your money ?

Anyway as I say its been good till new but it sounded very rough and on stripping it found the head gasket had blown... I almost threw it out but thought buying a few spare parts may save me some money and I soaked the carb in carb cleaner for a week whilst waiting for parts delivery...after a look around found a website that does parts and ordered a whole new gasket set for the engine new plug, intake manifold and a new ignition module as the old one was breaking down and cable was split and worn.

This morning I re assembled the whole engine, fitting all the new gaskets and a new intake manifold as I cracked the old bakerlite one lol..checked the piston, cylinder and bearings which all seemed fine so set about getting it all back together along with new pull start rope.

All went well but could'nt find anywhere that tells you the inition module gap or plug gap, so any help on these gaps would be much appreciated...so I set the module gap at approx 2 sheets of a4 paper which are about 0.16mm and the plug I inserted with gap it came with made up some petrol 50:1 with 2 stroke oil and filled it up, I primed the fuel priming bulb 7 or 8 times until it filled with petrol, pulled the starter 3 times and it fired into life so left it ticking over to warm up.

After 5 mins of warming I squeezed the throttle and it hesitated and almost stalled so I wound out the H and L mixture screws out quarter of a turn so they are now both set at 1 and 3 quaters out from fully in 1 and a half is default as far as I can remember..It now responded staright away no hesitation or bogging out and revved up nicely just turned down the tick over screw a touch as it was a bit fast.

The strimmer ran well and did my front lawn in no time now almost shoulder height in places lol..but noticed the engine at idle speed sounded like an engine that mis fires / poor timing ? would this be due to the ignition module gap not at its correct setting ? Or can all these cheapo 2 stroke strimmers be set the same as any other..

Any help very much appreciated,

Deano

Sponsored Links
No worries mate, just turn the screw marked L in a fraction......and keep the air cleaner foam clean.
John :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back