Safe termination of cable

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Would anyone be able to tell me what the safest approach is to terminate some unused cables that connect to an outside shed?

These connect to a non-live feed that I may wish to use in future but just now want to terminate safely.

Is a simple junction box all I need or is there a foolproof unit that I can secure all inputs to just to be sure.

The cables enters the shed from the outside (armoured) riser, I was planning to cut the cables at this point and tidy up pending further use next summer.

Thanks

Gordon

Sponsored Links
Nothing is foolproof.

If the cable is still connected to a supply which MAY become live a junction box, or similar would be alright.

If both ends are disconnected I would put all conductors in one terminal at both ends.
It will then be obvious that the cable is not in use.

Usually a junction box, or connector blocks within an enclosure will do the job.

Sponsored Links
If you can, good practice is to connect all disused conductors to earth.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back