Safety of steel Gas pipe under floor?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Currently got the timber floor up in my ground floor flat as it is being refurbished. I discovered that the gas supply comes into the building through the front of my flat in steel pipe, running in the floor space. It runs to my meter then continues not only off to the other 3 flats but also all the way through and out at the back of my property up and then along a wall to a house behind me. I expect it was run like that about 60 years ago when the house was converted into four flats.

My question is should I get the pipe inspected whilst the floor is up., and is the steel pipe still compliant with current safety regs?

Sponsored Links
It is less likely to be done that way any more but there is still nothing terribly wrong with it.

Whilst the boards are up you could try calling National Grid and ask them to come and see it and advise you on its safety.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back