saggy bricks

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The bricks above my patio door have dropped. When we moved in the patio door was a UPVC window. I am guessing the wall was patched up after it was installed. We had the window changed to a patio door, the installer said everything was OK. It looks to me as if things are still moving, there are clearly gaps between bricks.

Who do I need to fix this? I was pointed in the direction of a company who would remove 2/3 rows of mortar and seal steel rods in before putting the mortar back - this would apparently stabilize everything. To me it looks like the bricks have dropped and should be put back. Would it be an option to get someone to remove the bricks, install a lintel and put the brick back properly?

I want to ensure thats the wall is safe and not too ugly. I also don't want problems when I come to sell the house. I have no intention of doing this work myself, but before I called some random people in the yellow pages I though I could gleam some knowledge from the great people on this helpful forum.. :)

The photos show the same wall but the second is a closer look.

Sponsored Links
Shy. I've seen a few of those Helibar jobs locally but thought it was a bit of a bodge. Is it an acceptable fix? Is it FENSA accepted?

Sponsored Links
The Helibar system works, but it won't make that rough brickwork look any better.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back