salamander pump ct50

• Thread starter mickyyoungplumb
  • Start date
M

mickyyoungplumb

I just fitted a salamander ct50 to boost a shower hot and cold. I took a pump out that had broke. Basically I ran it for a bit and left. Customer has rang saying it keeps cutting out and the pump is quite hot.

I went on to the existing setup knowing it probably wasn't bang on correct. To start with the hot tees of the hot pipework instead of being on a flange and the cold comes down from the tank in 15mm.

Is there just not enough water flow to keep the pump going? Would increasing the pipework to 22mm solve this problem and will the fact it's not off a surrey flange or similar be affecting the situation. They tell me the previous pumps have worked fine but then they have had 2 in 6 years

Read more: //www.diynot.com/forums/combustion-chamber/plumbing-not-gas.373692/#ixzz2c9mudNGG

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the useful information. So tell me why it is not working then? Why is a flange essential on this pump and how would it affect it?

Sponsored Links
Basically, it is my fault. I bought the shower out my own pocket for a straight swap. when I get round there, there is no flange or teed 45 degrees of the vent which is allowed. he did not want to pay the extra for the works I told him it needed. I wasn't going to loose out on the £120 I paid for the pump so he said put it in. Awkward customer, I should have walked away but I didn't. Iv had one shyte day and it was the last job and couldn't deal with his waffle and not wanting to pay. No excuse, weve ll been there.

So I have to go back and pretty much put it right free. so what is the minimum I can do to rectify it?

Put a flange on? will that stop the cutting out? Im guessing increasing to 22mm wont make no difference. The hots no more than the recommended 2m in 15mm and the cold seems it is but the tanks in the loft so it should b ok. Now can I have a simple conversation?

Go and tell the customer to put it right will cost an extra £xx, if he was happy to have a straight swap then it's his fault.

If more work is needed then the customer pays. You can not be blamed for him not wanting to spend the right money to have it done properly.

You will learn/sense when you meet a a customer from hell.

Andy

yeah I know, I will tell him he needs to pay for it to be corrected properly or I will take no responsibility. So I am going to go back and put a salamander s flange on the cylinder. as its under 2 metres am I still ok to leave the 15mm supply to the pump? also will it be ok to leave the 15mm cold supply?

Surely it was just the lack of flange causing the problem??

Sponsored Links
Back