Salus RT500 Receivers 3 out of 4 have no lights.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Trying to make sense of this... Please if anyone can shed any light it would be appreciated.
I have 4 Salus RT500 receivers, 3 that control the underfloor zones and 1 for the central heating. The Central heating is working fine but since about an hour ago the underfloor has gone cold. The transmitters all have new batteries and are sending the request for heat but when I look at the 4 receivers only the receiver for the central heating is showing red and green.
The 3 for the underfloor have neither red or green lights on which would I guess mean no pwer to these but they all wired to the same control unit and the receiver for the central heating has power Red and Green on. Is it possible that all three receivers have gone faulty at the same time?

Sponsored Links
Checking that you have power supply to the units, would be the first thing to look at, it could be that a cable or contact has become loose or damaged that is causing the fault to all 3 units.

Last edited:
Thanks
Have checked and power is there and one of the 4 wired into the same panel is working fine

Sponsored Links
Even so I wouldn't expect 3 receivers to go wrong at once! My money is on a wiring issue. How did you test for power? I would have installed wired stats rather than 4 wireless ones, even if the cable route was difficult or required some work.

red light means power to the unit, green means signal received and heating should be on. 3 of your receivers have no power.
very unlikely to have 3 go at once.
read the manual 'fault finding' section.
sounds like a wiring problem tbh 'pilot error'

Thank you for taking the trouble to reply . You were all spot on, loose cable so was flicking on and off. Sorted now. Once again thanks all.

Thank you for taking the trouble to reply . You were all spot on, loose cable so was flicking on and off. Sorted now. Once again thanks all.
So that begs the question, when you said you had tested and found power/voltage(even though they were not working) what instrument did you test with?
I assume not a two pole voltage tester!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back