Salus RT500RF and Ecotec Pro 24 not communicating - HELP

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I recently looked at my Salus RT500RF thermostat for the first time since the last cold spell when my new Ecotec Pro 24 boiler was fitted. The Salus unit was completely dead so I replaced the batteries and the display is now working again.

The problem is that it seems to think that the heating is on but it does not seem to be communicating with the boiler because the heating certainly is not on.

There is only one light on on the receiver by the boiler.

I'd really appreciate some simple words-of-one-syllable advice as, yes, I am a clueless woman!

The other forum posts about this thermostat have been very helpful and made me realise that I am not a total fool to find its operation really complicated and counter-intuative, grrr.

Anyway, any help gratefully received. I'm freezing.

Sponsored Links
The other forum posts about this thermostat have been very helpful

You've plenty to choose from, this product must be breaking records for problem posts.

If you could at all consider or afford it, change to a Honeywell, Drayton or Danfoss. Salus have the opposite of the midas touch when it comes to controls.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back