Salus RT500RF

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello there.
I am not very technical, so please forgive any stupid questions or comments. I had my thermostat replaced with one of these last week, and I cannot seem to get it to work correctly. I have read the instructions and set it up, but the floor which this unit controls never seems to get warm: with the old thermostat it was always too hot. If I put the temperature up manually, the flame sign appears and the green light on the reciever clicks and lights up. However, invariably if I check the receiver after about 20 minutes, I find the green light is no longer on although the flame sign is still visable. This happens irrespective of where I place the unit, even if it is only a few metres in front of the the transmitter. So my first question is whether the green light on the receiver is supposed to remain illuminated all the time that the flame sign is visable?

Sponsored Links
When the flame symbol is showing on the thermostat, the green light on the receiver should be lit. However, there can be a short delay in switching as the thermostat only sends a control signal every so often to conserve battery power.

What can happen is another RT500RF somewhere is interfering with it. It may even be a neighboring property, so my first step would be to change the operating frequency. The instructions tell you how to do this, but make sure you follow them to the letter, including the powering down, battery removal and pressing the reset button afterwards.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back