samsung q1433s

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
my washing machine keeps coming up error code 8E it stops washing and the drum starts grinding then it releases and continues the cycle will this be an expensive job to fix? thank you

Sponsored Links
8E signals unbalance & since your drum "grinds" it is likely the drum bearings or spider has had it. Open the door & lift the drum up/down to check for slack, then rotate the drum by hand & listen for rumbling/grinding sounds. If you find either a new washer is probably your best option.

Hi
I have just turned the drum by hand
And it does have a slight grinding noise
But there is no movement up or down
,if I rock the drum there is a knocking sound
,what do you think also thanks for your input
Cheers neil

Grinding noises are synonymous with defective bearings & not a good sign. Take off the cover at the back, remove the belt & try turning it again, that way you have eliminated possible motor noise. Certainly a loose balance weight, loose spider, bad shock absorbers, or suspension springs wearing through their location lugs on the tub can cause unbalance & as such ought to be checked. If there is no slack in the drum then the unbalance could be caused by one of the above, it can also be caused by washing a single (or heavy) item. Whatever other faults you manage to rectify your bearings will still fail prematurely (providing the grinding noise isn't caused by a bra wire or similar).

Sponsored Links
Hi
Thanks for the reply
I've just gave the drum a shake ,and it moves freely and makes knocking noise ,can not take the back of yet as I'm layer up with a dodgy back ,do you think I should bite the bullet and buy a new one ,any
Advice on make ,like I said this machine is over 5yrs old once agAin thanks ,ps where do you get parts for a samsung washer having trouble pricing for parts cheers neil

Then something is seriously wrong. If its anything more than a loose pully then its libel to cost, both in time & money. Had a couple of Samsung washers this year where spider bolts loosened (both machines less than a year old & were replaced). As far as a recommendation of which machine to buy I can tell you that you only get what you pay for...buy cheap buy twice.
You can locate Samsung spares here: http://www.espares.co.uk/search/washing-machines/samsung/p/1085/596 or http://shop.ukwhitegoods.co.uk/Washing+Machine+Parts/Samsung.htm

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back