Samsung Smart TV, Problems, linking 2 laptop. Anyone got one

Sponsored Links
OK, so it is most probably a linking problem.

Have you tried the cable connection?

I've also found that the allshare software is not all it's cracked up to be, hence the suggestion to try it via media player.

There is also the possibility that the wi-fi function is being disabled in the TV firmware. I've no idea whether this works for your model, but on mine the following allows you to get into the service menu:

When in standby mode, press the following in order - info, menu, mute, then standby.

But if it works for your TV be careful what you change, as you can seriously screw up the settings in there!

Ok, I'm only going on what I can see on mine - yours might be different.

But try going into 'control option', then 'sub option', and see if there is anything relevant to turn on - it may be labelled 'wiselink'...

(Although as I said before my model doesn't have the ability to direct link)

Sponsored Links
Cant see anything like that, just had another reply from Samsung, they say make certain the file is not compressed, I think they are clutching at straws.

Have a Panasonic TX-L42D25B TV - not many formats supported, has among others network and USB sockets.
Bought some 'Devolo' Homeplug AV adapters, networking via mains wiring (wired and wireless connection).
Connected tv to network by wire, no problem with that but could (still) only play Divx type video.
Had a read around the web... Now run 'Serviio' which is a free media server, this serves everything I have in the way of movies, audio and pictures from my desktop to the TV, transcodes files on the fly if necessary, presenting the tv with compatible formats. Works very well.
http://www.serviio.org/

If unsure of actual file formats, this is useful (open source) 'MediaInfo'
http://mediainfo.sourceforge.net/en

-0-

Diyisfun

Have you tried the cable connection method yet?

Diyisfun

No, I would expect Samsung to suggest that.
I have just been back to where I purchased the TV, no luck, just asked Samsung for repair engineer, lets see what they say.
There are lots of people out there with this issue, know one has come up with a solution

Diyisfun

No, I would expect Samsung to suggest that.
I have just been back to where I purchased the TV, no luck, just asked Samsung for repair engineer, lets see what they say.
There are lots of people out there with this issue, know one has come up with a solution
But as you have surmised, Samsung are 'clutching at straws'.

Or more accurately they won't admit their software is faulty!... ;)

The cable method is a simple elimination check, as is then trying to use windows' own networking software.

The problem with suppliers is that they more often than not blame the bit that they didn't sell you!

Samsung, have replied, 'I am sorry to learn that you are having this issue with the Allshare
function on your TV and I can understand how frustrating this can be for
you not being able to share these via your Wi-Fi.
Allshare is software orientated and because of this we are unable to
send an engineer out for this issue.
Please try installing the new 2013 version of Allshare which is called
Link.
http://link.samsung.com/
Please ensure that the files are in a shared folder.'

Wonder why they didn't suggest that before, so Im downloading now.

Wonder why they didn't suggest that before

Probably something to do with them stating...

"Connect your PC, mobile device, and TV to the same network."

as well as

"the AllShare PC software services are no longer supported."

It doesn't work properly, so just try setting up sharing through media player!

Joining this late.

I have a PS60ES6500 TV which is on my home LAN. I have a dedicated server (Windows Home Server 2011) which is running AllShare.

I can't directly solve your problem but maybe I can help if we discuss further.

When I first installed my TV I tried to just use the basic DNLA interface. I could access my server using the Windows API but the TV wouldn't see any files let alone play them. Then I tried AllShare which worked which proves that Samsung haven't got their firmware right (no surprise). I'm also not sure that AllShare is quite right either: Recently I added two video files to the server but the TV couldn't see them (but it could see the other same format files in the same folder). I had to go onto the server and make AllShare rescan media files before the TV would see them!

Thanks for that.
I have replied to Samsung, that need to sort it as plug & play or do an idiots guide, (I dont think Im one of them).
Its the fact that the TV says 'file format not supported' so tv sees the file, unless the allshare converts the file.
I have given up for the moment.
But thanks to anyone who tried to help.

I have two samsung tv, two samsung blu ray player and PS3 all have allshre except the ps3 but all can see and play files direct from my pc, or iphone or Galaxy tab.
The only problem I noted that when powered up it can take up to 20 mins for everything to connect.
The Samsung Play avi, mkv , mp4 files without problem only the PS3 cannot play MKV.

Checked my system and the ''file not supported message appears'' when the allshare server is not running so would suggest you do not have the connection required, if you restart the server [an option in the menu] then your tv should be able to see the pc, if tv is on when you do this you will get a pop up message on screen to tell you the media is available.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back