Samsung Washing Machines Confusion!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just got wind that a gaggle of Samsung washing machines have been given top ratings by Which?

WW80J6410CW and CX (82%, £470 for white version)

WW90J6410CW and CX (81%, £470 for white version)

WF80F5E5U4X (80%, £370)

come out in the top 5.

I am struggling to find out what the differences are between the £470 and £370
machines. Apart from £100, that is!

Is anybody familiar with these?

Sponsored Links
You had me salivating at the prospect of being able to type £100 diff and you snatched it away at the last minute lol

Anyway the difference is in the loading. One is a 8kg the other a 9

Ah, OK. Thanks guys.

So, the first number is the drum size.

But if you take the WW80J6410CW vs the WF80F5E5U4X which seem to be both 8kg machines, what then?

Sponsored Links
Well if it's anything like the tvs then it could be down to a few factors such as model year colour. Trim colour etc or feature set. But without doing a good look at it which you can do I would just go o n Samsung online chat.

If a man went in a shop and left a Samsung WF80F5E5U4X and took out a Samsung WW80J6410CW.

Later he went back and bought a battery for £1.50, giving the shopkeeper £5 and getting £3.50 change.

How much is the shopkeeper out of pocket?

If a man went in a shop and left a Samsung WF80F5E5U4X and took out a Samsung WW80J6410CW.

Later he went back and bought a battery for £1.50, giving the shopkeeper £5 and getting £3.50 change.

How much is the shopkeeper out of pocket?

lol

My wife hates these large capacity machines as when she's got enough for a load , it takes up loads of room when put out to dry.

Most women only dream of a "large capacity" I keep telling mine she married the wrong model!

I think I am beginning to understand the model number a little.

There seem to be two numbering systems:

LL NN L NNNN LL

And

LL NN L N LLL NL

In the first one, for example...WW 80 J 6610 CW

The first letter means washing machine.
The first two numbers are weight capacity (in this example, 8.0 kg).
The next letter denotes the door type: J small, H large and K "Addwash".
The second number in the next 4 denotes spin speed (1600rpm).
The final two letters denotes finish (white).

In the second one, for example...WF70F5EDW4X

The first letter means washing machine.
The final number is the spin speed (1400rpm).
The final letter denotes the finish (graphite + SS door)

Although the second system also has numbers in place of some letters. I'll crack it tomorrow when I talk to Samsung!

When you say large capacity, I have for years (well, since I bought the current washing machine new in Summer 1999!) thought that it was 7kg. I now discover it is 5 kg, which explains the washing issues I have had over the years!!

But to be fair to it, to last this long with just one cheap repair is very good.

The machine? An Indesit WG1285W Omega 1200.

Apparently the old ones were much better built than the current crop, a fact borne out by our second newer machine (we had two Indesits for a while when the kids were ****ty/ pukey) failing irreparably years ago.

Sponsored Links
Back