sand mastic

Sponsored Links
Never used it in 20+ years of fitting, guess silicone has just took over as a cheaper quicker alternative, nice to see old school ways sometimes though

I think it was made from sand,linseed oil and red colouring, circa 1970
I used to buy bags of "mastic sand" that gave a nice red coloured mastic when mixed with linseed oil. I now use a tube of mastic but as some of the old linseed oil and sand mastic lasted over 100 years I do wonder if the modern stuff will last as long

Sponsored Links
I think it was made from sand,linseed oil and red colouring, circa 1970
I used to buy bags of "mastic sand" that gave a nice red coloured mastic when mixed with linseed oil. I now use a tube of mastic but as some of the old linseed oil and sand mastic lasted over 100 years I do wonder if the
modern stuff will last as long
Thats interesting you can still buy it in tubs I was beginning to think I was the last person in the world that had used it

list price, clearly. I think "blend of fillers" may well include sand, it looks pretty sandy out of the tub. No doubt you can mix your own if you've got the recipe.

there's a thought anybody got a recipe I think the bulk of it would be sand not shure what grade linseed oil boiled or raw some red stuff for colouring

Sponsored Links
Back