Sandboxie settings for opening links

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone know how to configure Sandboxie so that links within Outlook Express open a new Firefox browser tab rather than a Firefox browser tab within Sanboxie, which is also open.

I've just downloaded version 3.40 and the old version didn't do this.

By the way, does anyone know how to increase the speed that the Sandboxie programme opens?

Sponsored Links
If you're using the paid (registered) version, open the Sandboxie Window and go to 'Sandbox > Default Box > Sandbox Settings'. Click the '+' sign next to 'Applications' and then the '+' sign next to 'Web Browsers'. Cilck 'Firefox'. If there's a '+' sign where it says 'Force Firefox to run in this Sandbox (Registered version only)', select the line and click the 'Remove > Apply > OK' buttons.

That might be it.

Just experimented with the above and it doesn't do the trick unfortunately. I know there must be a reason why you want to open a browser window outside of the sandbox when clicking on an e-mail link with Firefox already running sandboxed. However, it may be best to always open links sandboxed anyway. I personally like to make sure they do by copying the link location in the e-mail, opening Firefox sandboxed, pasting the link into the Address Bar and then going to the web page. It seems safer to see what e-mail links are about by opening them sandboxed.

Unless anyone else here can suggest a way of doing what you want, maybe post your question on the Sandboxie forum. Some helpful people are there (including the developer) who know a great deal about all aspects of the program. It may just be a question of adding a line to the configuration file.

http://www.sandboxie.com/phpbb/

Sponsored Links
Back