SANDING PARQUET

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I paid someone to sand and laquer my parquet flooring yesterday. He used a hand held sander with a round sanding attachment about approx 30-40cm diameter.

When I saw the floor wet and in low light it looked ok so I paid the man £200.

Now I have seen the floor in day light, it is covered in the marks and groooves made by the sander, circular ridges all over it.

I am really unhappy with the floor. Should it have been sanded with a different piece of machinery, and should I telephone the man (who looks self employed) and let him know I am unhappy with the floor?

Advice appreciated. Thanks

Sponsored Links
Sounds like he may have used an "edgeing sander" which is ok for the edges !! but still leaves marks which i usually put right with a small orbital sander.

You only paid £200 which is incredibly cheap for a floor restoration. Most who don't know have no idea what time, effort and cost is involved to have it done correctly.

Still, you should call him and tell him you're not happy with it.

Really though, to have it done professionaly expect to pay about 3 times what you have paid (£600 approximately) give or take a hundred.

It sounds to me just a bit amatuer ish as opposed to a rip off..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back