sandy paving

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi to everyone,

Been doing a bit of surfing to see what is happening to my block paved patio and this thread came up on google.

I have just had someone in to clean and re-sand my patio which now looks as good as new. However I think that they may have used the wrong sand. It is very fine and pale.

It feels very sandy underfoot and I am constantly having to sweep the sand away.

When it rains the sand seems to come up and gathers round the low spots. It's been down about 6 weeks now and it's really getting on my nerves. Also there are some gaps appearing so this can't be good.

The builders that did it are friends of my husbands and they also layed a driveway for us at the same time and to be honest that feels abit sandy as well.

I want to try and get my facts right before I ask them to come back.

Does anyone agree that this isn't right or am I being impatient and it will settle down eventually.

Thanks in advance

Tigger xxx

Sponsored Links
You can buy joint stabilizing solution that binds the sand grains together and locks 'em in.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back