Saniflow Pump macerator losing connection to washing machine ...Flood :-(

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

Thanks for taking the time to read. We've had a few issues with this Saniflow SanVite 3 that is used to pump water from our kitchen (Washing machine / dishwasher / sink)

Initial issue was the coil like pipe connector (marked A) had become worn and split which meant water was streaming out. Not sure if this was caused by a specific event or wear and tear as we've only recently moved into the house. Anyhow, last year replaced the pipe connector and that part is OK .

This weekend we've flooded the downstairs as the pipe connector has come loose for some reason (marked B) it came right away from the actual pump and water was simply streaming everywhere from washing machine output! I've manually attached it but the metal belt clip mustn't be doing its job or possible the vibration / hot water / load from the washing machine or tap has caused this. Ive no clue :(

Has anyone any experience or advice on how best to connect these pumps up so they don't cause issues? Is that metal clip the best approach?

Thanks!

Attachments

• SaniFlow Sanvite 3 .jpg
    SaniFlow Sanvite 3 .jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 323
Sponsored Links
Sounds like you need a capable plumber!

Jubilee clips are usually very good.

But to be effective the pipework needs to be flexible and loose enough to take up any movement.

Tony

Simple idea, and fitted to almost every car built today, that is a piece of flexible hose, secured with jubilee clips. They do perish and split, but are easily replaced, and provided the hose and jubilee clips are fitted correctly, there shouldn't be an issue. Until the Sanivite breaks down anyway.....

Sponsored Links
Yeah thanks, so basically check (or replace) the clip and re-use this solution?

I had thought to simply tighten the jubilee clip again but i have no way of knowing when its an issue until my neighbour downstairs rings my door :( Lets say I did tighten the clip is there any "detection systems" that I could use - I thought to create a funnel under the connection to have it come out my floor as behind the cabinets its not visible...

Sanivite seems OK (any better brands?) apart from a few issues but I think I will always need something like this due to the house being an upstairs conversion...

If its upstairs then surely gravity is on your side? Have a look and see if a proper waste can be run to the stack or drain, and get rid of that thing permanently! They are usually reserved for getting rid of waste from basements etc where gravity is a non starter....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back