Sarnafil and potential bird damage

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can birds for example jackdaws/crows, damage Sarnafil membrane?

I ask because we are on the top floor of a new block with a flat Sarnafil roof. Over the past 2-3 weeks we have heard quite noisy tapping. We thought it was coming from the flat below. It sounded like carpet laying.

When it continued we eventually realised it was coming from the roof. When I banged the guttering with a brush a flock of jackdaws/crows flew up.

I don't know why they have been pecking, but could they have damaged the membrane?

Is Sarnifil durable enough to withstand pecking jackdaws/crows?

Any roofers with this type of experience?

Sponsored Links
Have you seen this with Sarnafil or similar?

Sponsored Links
No I have not seen or heard of it happening but I saw some magpies out of a skylight on my roof scavenging something last summer and there beaks made quite a noise on the concrete tiles, so if they took there fancy to your roof then I would think there beaks would be capable of making a hole in your roof. I can't think of a reason why they would want to though so I would not worry.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back