Saunier Duval boiler hot water problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone please give me some advice.

The three way valve on my boiler was leaking badly last month, called someone out and got a new one installed.
Since that day I have no leak, (great) but also no hot water. The taps in the house run hot for less than a minute and then run luke warm.
The central heating works fine.

When the guy came back out today to have a look, he told me that my system would prob have to be flushed through and there was nothing he could do apart from going down that road.

The water that came out of the boiler looked pretty clean and i wonder whether there might be another reason for the lack of HW.
Sam.

Sponsored Links
I would expect so but I have not excamined the boiler.

I generally avoid S-D boilers just because they always leak.

Tony

Several things can cause poor hot water - flushing will not cure any of them.

The NTC on the flow pipe may be faulty - gas will modulate down too soon
The plugs on the microswitchs may be wrongly fitted wrongly - does the boiler fire up and pump run when the tap is run, may be a slight delay?
The dip switch settings may be wrong - Switch 1 all off except 2; switch 2 all off normally.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back