Saunier Duval Combi Boiler won't repressurise HELP!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, we inherited a Saunier Duval Combi Boiler when we moved into our house and from time to time have had to repressurise it by turning a little valve. Twice in the last week or so the pressure has dropped, I've turned the valve and nothing has happened, I can't hear any water coming into the system. I've managed to get it working by leaving the valve open, turning it all off and then switching it back on and getting the heating to kick in, I've left the valve open for a few hours and it's built up a few bars of pressure. I've tried that this morning and nothing. I can't find any leaks around the radiators. Please help, I have a 1 and 2 year old and the house is really cold without the heating. Can't afford to get anyone out til next month and with 2 bank holidays it would no doubt be double charge as well. Any suggestions welcome! Thanks Sue

Sponsored Links
Hi,

It is fixed, it was the plastic filling tap - I switched off the mains, took the front off the boiler, removed tap by pinging out the two clips, poked at the white "ball" blocking it with the tap turned open, and then refitted. It keeps jamming, but a light clonk with "tool number one" seems to get it flowing again.

Off to by a brass replacement.

Hope this helps others.

Sounds like you need a new NPZ valve -good luck with getting the right one as the manufacturer seems to be unable to suppply correct parts I have been sent 4 NPZ valves for this boiler, none of them fit!! I have now fitted a proprietory filling loop elsewhere in the system and given up on the on-board filling point :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back