Saunier Duval F24E - central heating fine, hot water not

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have had my Saunier Duval Therma Condens F24E Boiler for just over 2 years and last month I noticed the water in the shower was getting colder and colder.

What is strange is that the central heating works fine (the radiators are all hot). It now seems to have have spread to all focets, even the kitchen where the water coming out of the hot water tap is now luke warm.

Is there anything I should look at before getting a plumber out?

Sponsored Links
We are not very enthusiastic about Sonya Duval boilers!

The thing to look at first is your wallet as it may need to be quite well stuffed if you eventually find an engineer who likes working on your boiler.

Tony

That may be so Tony, but this particular lady isn't so bad ;)
Most likely a blocked plate he, this model seems quite prone to it. Take it out and flush it, it might look like this !!

It seems to be raining not pouring, my phone line was down then internet service provider, then bath started leaking into my neighbours roof! great two weeks ;)

Thanks, I will try what you suggested and pray that i dont have to open up my wallet too much.

Sponsored Links
We charge £136 for that kind of repair including a service.

Your kind of boiler can spring a mains water leak and kill the PCB if its just looked at!

Dirt in the plate does sound most likely and is as a result of the installer not cleaning the system properly. Cheap boiler equals a cheap installation!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back