Saunier Duval Semia Condens combi problem

J

joinerjohn

My brother's combi supplies CH fine, but he has no hot water whatsoever. Following the problem solving steps in the manual lead him to believe it could/probably be the diaphragm inside domestic water priority valve. However, the diagrams for the boiler don't show this part. They show something called the water valve and another called the hydraulic 3 way valve.
http://www.saunier-duval.co.uk/manuals/pdf/Semia_Condens_Instructions.pdf

Page 45 for the diagram showing the boiler parts.
What do you plumbers reckon?

Sponsored Links
I am not a plumber so my views may not count.

But I do repair boilers so I expect my views may be more useful.

Mick has in next post pointed out that it does not have a motor driven diverter valve on that model.

If you remove the clip which holds the microswitches on to the diverter valve you will see the actuator pin. This should move out about 9mm when a hot tap is operated. I expect the diaphragm inside has failed.

It might be possible to just remove the upper part to replace the diaphragm if you have a good selection of ratchet bit tools. Its probably the standard Gianoni diaphragm as used on many other boilers.

It might be a good candidate for a BG fixed price repair.

Presumably the boiler is not seeing any demand for DHW. But you have not mentioned that. Boilers are a little involved and everything has to be checked in sequence.

Tony

Ignore Agile. He must be thinking of a different boiler.
The part isnt officially available as seperate components, only as a complete valve. You will probably find though that a standard gianonni repair kit will fit. Personally on these I would normally replace the whole valve, basically because it is an absolute sod of a job. A good 2 hrs for someone with experience of the boiler at least 3hrs for anyone else. Hence why its not a bad idea to be sure to be sure and just stick a complete valve in.

Sponsored Links
Just an update on this . Following advice on here, the plumber bought the giannoni repair kit. He took the valve apart and the diaphragm was absolutely bu*****d. Replaced the diaphragm and all is well with my brother's boiler.

Thanks again to all that contributed.
;) ;) ;)

PS, my brother said , it took the plumber about 2 , 1/4 hrs to replace the diaphragm. ;) ;) ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back