Saunier Duval Thelia 623 have hot water but no heating !

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
For the last 4 weeks i have had the boiler on Summer mode ie just used for hot water which is ok , but when i recentley switched it to winter mode ie slid the slider to hot water and central heating. I don't get any heating, the pressure on the boiler is at 2 bar , the boiler fires up ok when i turn on the hot water taps but when i turn it on for heating nothing happens , i am doing this manually and made sure it is not on the timer etc , pilot light is ok, has anyone any ideas how to get the central heating working cheers :(

Sponsored Links
Hi Space the Gas , thanks for replying. excuse my ignorance but room stat ? is this a thermostat ? Our central heating dosn't have one a room thermostat to control the heating., heating is controlled on the boiler or on the radiotors themselves, cheers.

Sponsored Links
Sounds like the timeswitch if nothing at all is happening. Do you have the thermostat for heating on full and the timerset to contsant?

hi sambotc thanks for replying , The heating is on full , the timer i reset and is on manual i'm sure cheers.

Hi i tested the timer on the boiler , i reset the time, set it to come on and off within 4 minutes , 4 times differrnt times , it seems that it wants to fire up and i can here the fan going but nothing else , cheerr

It will not fire up on CH if the CH sensor is open circuit.

Located at top left and its quite a low value by boiler standards.

If thats Ok then there is a CH setting pot on the PCB which might have failed but may just be a dirty wiper contact.

I dont work on Sonya Duvals except for very good friends indeed.

Tony

Buy a new boiler-it's a bag of ****e not worth fixing! Lol.

hello guys thanks for your input, right this is how far ive got ! CENTRAL HEATING IS WORKING :D but when i move the choice of selection lever all the way over to winter mode ( central heating and hot water) the boiler stops firing but when i put it only to half way it fires up again. and radiators heat up . I have a question i have a valve conecting two pipes like a cross over should this be closed , open and half closed ?

Hi,

This is the by pass i belive, it should be set as required.

Sounds like the timeswitch itself is playing up then. From what i remember i think the price for a replacement is ridiculous for something nothing more than a casio watch!

If that is the case you may want to consider replacing it with an external clock or even better upgrade to a programmable room stat which will bring you up to date with current building reg's.

Sam

To prove the timer is at fault there are four blue wires going to clock link the two with the smaller spades together.if the boiler then works with the lever pushed to the right then the clock is faulty.

Cheers for replying again guys , i left the lever in winter postion (over to the right) and set up the timer to come on at 0730 this monrning , but it didn't come on automatically i sounding as if it want to fire up but didn't , so i put the timer back on to manual and and put the lever in the middle between summer and winter and it still wouldn't fire up where as it would fire up ok doing this last night ! , so i put it to summer ( hot water only ) and ran a tap and it fired up ok , then put it between winter and summer and it remains firedup , but the second i put the lever over to winter setting ( over to the right it stops) .

Has anyone of you experts got any other ideas , i fully appreciate your input and time guys cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back