Saunier duval thema condens F30e

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Been having problems with this pretty well since first fitted 3 years ago. Various parts silted up, despite power flushing. It now looks like the 3 way valve is on the blink - central heating coming on with DHW only programme. problem is, can't find a replacement. Saunier support seems to only want to talk to CORGI registered fitters, and it's difficult to identify the right part number on the site. Anyone who knows these, it's (I think) called the actuator - long black plastic part which attaches to the motorised head. Has a broken O ring at the very least, and looks pretty gummed up. Anyone help?

Sponsored Links
Where is the CORGI registered installer?

Do you really think that manufacturers want to give basic advice to DIYers?

Which power flushing pump and which chemicals were used? How long did it take? What was the level of experience of the person doing it?

Tony

Sorry, should have said I've now fitted a "boiler buddy" and that seems to be keeping the crud under control. I'm actually just after the part or part number. Can't seem to find either anywhere. Is there a Gloworm or Vaillant equivalent, or is it exclusive to the condenser F30E?

It sounds like an illegal DIY install which has not been power flushed.

In that case its not surprising that there is dirt in the system causing problems.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Afraid not. CORGI registered installer fitted it, and powerflushed prior to installation, and I've had it done again about 9 motnths ago, again by CORGI man. Like I say, crud is now reduced due to the boiler buddy Installed by me - very much not CORGI registered!) and the system is now clean (ish).Problem is the 3 way valve actuator (I think) whch needs a new O ring or replacement. Not a major job, but finding the part is the challenege

Unfortunately people often call some minor attempt at cleaning "power flushing".

Proper power flushing takes 3-5 hours and involves constant running round all the rads as well as the use of appropriate chemicals.

If its done properly then virtually all the dirt is removed!

Of course if the filling loop is left open then the dirt will quickly reform and need further power flushing.

Tony

I wasn't really looking for advice on the merits, or otherwise, of proper power flushing. Consensus on the crud is that it's metallic, and will only be properly resolved once radiators are replaced. I was looking for any help with the part number/sourcing

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back