Scaffolding

oph

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a victorian mid terraced house and I need to replace sofit and facia bord and then replace the half round with O'Gee guttering in plastic.

What I cant beleive is just how much they want for scaffolding. £350-400 :eek: And they say us plumbers are expensive. :) Its only going to take them an hour to put up ( prob less) and its one access platform
covering 4.6 M approx :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Thats a normal price for a mid terrace!
load lorry, travel to job unload and erect scaffold.
then same again to dismantle.
minimum 2 mens labour, hire of scaffold for duration of job, scaff tags, public liability insurance, fuel etc.
its a lot more than an hour.
and if its a mid terrace whats the rear access like.

Why not hire a couple of towers and youngmans boards? should work out cheaper.

I have a victorian mid terraced house and I need to replace sofit and facia bord and then replace the half round with O'Gee guttering in plastic.

What I cant beleive is just how much they want for scaffolding. £350-400 :eek: And they say us plumbers are expensive. :) Its only going to take them an hour to put up ( prob less) and its one access platform

It may seem disproportionate for the overall cost of the job, but that sort of cost is fairly typical.

Shop around and you may get a cheaper scaffold quote.

• Thanks
Reactions: oph
i paid 400 to do a 2 storey ext a while back - it was safe, put up on time and taken down when we agreed it would be - no mess, no fuss and no extra charge for the 2 ladders the ****** nicked.

what would you consider to be a reasonable price out of interest?

Sponsored Links
Its only going to take them an hour to put up ( prob less) and its one access platform

What about the cost of the tubes and boards, storage, vehicle, training, insurance, pay etc ..... and don't forget its not just putting it up, they take it down too!

As an alternative you can go and hire all the stuff and put it up yourself to save paying someone £400 for an hours work

Lads, I honestly dont know what the going rate would be but I am just surprised that it is a much as that.
I did a job year ago last January which needed a scaffold tower that was 2.5 floors high by 2 m wide yet it was only 250 plus vat. What i need at mine is half the hight but twice as wide so I was expecting it to be about the same :eek:

studips";p="1755238 said:
i paid 400 - no mess, no fuss and no extra charge for the 2 ladders the ****** nicked.

quote] LOTS of ****** in Sussex ;)

I paid £7000 for my scaffold, full temporary roof and all watertight.

People see scaffolding and scaffolders as a strange bunch, sometimes for obvious reasons.

There is a bit moreto it that just chucking up some poles!

They would probably baulk at your charge for a boiler change too!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back