Scam

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Now i get quite a few telephone calls on my business mobile each day from people trying to sell advertising etc, and they normally get a very curt reply or i "play" with them a little if i have the time to waste theirs. Today i got a call which i think is a scam and i wondered if anyone else has had it or if not watch out!

A chap with a liverpool accent (may be relevant maybe not) phoned saying that the drug awareness books that i sponsered had been printed and were ready for distribuition, so which schools did i want to nominate to receivbe them. I pointed out i didnt have a clue what the hell he was talking about. He then tried to make out that he had spoken to me in july and now they had been printed and they had to be paid for at a cost of £199 and tried to get my credit card details. Suffice to say he got very short change from me and a few 4 letter words for his trouble. He was almost believable and i could see others falling for it.

Im sure hes probabaly managed to reroute the mersey from whence i told him to stuff it, but anyone else come across anything similar?

Sponsored Links
Sounds like a variation on the fairly common trick of hoping you don't keep proper records of orders placed. Lots of firms are so inefficient that they just pay invoices without tracking them back to orders.

i got a woman calling me on the phone today asking me to donate money to cancer research and they would call my house for collection i said yes would love to donate and they asked me how much was i thinking of donating i saids £2000 i told them to come round at 6.30 tomorr night which they seemed to be very eger to call,

cant wait for tomorror night at 6,30 i will sit in my car in the drive and watch these scum bags come a round but they wont be a nocking on ma door i gave my next door neibours address hee hee hee

Sponsored Links
Ive had similar ones, if its something I may be interested in (unlikely but it happens on occasion) I'll listen, if not I do the same as you, reel em in a bit, if Im busy when they call, I say right away im not interested, some say "ok thanks for your time" I have no problem with these, other simply wont go, in the end I say "ok, can I ask you something" they say "of course" I say "the second word is off - can you guess the first?" then wait a sec to see if they hang up which they often do, if not I hang up.

I used to get about 10 a day before going with the telephone preference service

http://www.dmaconsumers.org/offtelephonelist.html

bob over there ,an sign up ,dead easy , I get 1 a day now , an sometimes nothing ,

the sad part is as Im home all day now I miss them as I used my own wind ups on them an flirting with the lady callers til the wife came home early an caught me knocking one out , ....lol...lol..lol ;)

yep signed up with that. I point out there breaching that and the ioc regulations. they get really flustered when you do that. Ive actually reported a few of them as well.

Thermo
after informing them , that they are illegally phoning , I tell them the call is being recorded for the court case an they are personally libel to be sued in the Hight courts , lol ....I wonder how many telesales I have made resign ..teehee

Thermo..that Drugs awareness thing..I got the call from the same sort of thing, but I nthink it was called the Crime Awareness Publication. This was about 8 months ago. They told me we had agreed to advertising months before and would I like a copy of the book. I said I would have to look into it (I wasn't sure if my wife had arranged some advertising). She hadn't, but I got an invoice for about £200. Then another one, then a nasty phone call saying pay now or face interest charges. I told them where to go.

About 2 weeks ago I got a call from this guy, David somebody, asking me if he could make an appointment to send the bailiffs round to recover the debt, or would I like to pay now by credit card. I told him to send the bailiffs round at 2pm the next day, and if they phoned first I would put the kettle on and would they like biscuits? He was really p'd off and started getting quite rude so I put the phone down. He phoned back, all reasonable, and told me I could save myself a lot of trouble by just paying the bill now. I told him not to be so silly and hung up again.

His number had come up on the caller display and so I phoned him back and asked for his address (I had decided to tell the police what he was doing). He wouldn't give me his address.

I feel sorry for people that get taken in by this.

hermes said:
His number had come up on the caller display and so I phoned him back and asked for his address (I had decided to tell the police what he was doing). He wouldn't give me his address.

I feel sorry for people that get taken in by this.

unless whoever comes to your house is speeding to get there, the police wont be interested. after all, gatso's are the bets thing at preventing crime

hermes
dont bother send no money as you did , ...bullsh*t

frightening ....but.......Bullsh*t...!!!!!

Our service is FREE

We cover all job sectors!
If you can not find online any suitable applicants, just send us a request, and we will find them for you!
Save your time and your money - let us help you!

Best regards,

this is the kind of carp i get sent to me every day slave operators.

SCUM SLAVE TRADERS.

simon_d said:
unless whoever comes to your house is speeding to get there, the police wont be interested. after all, gatso's are the bets thing at preventing crime

it wasn't my house, all the calls were taken at work. I knew no-one was coming, for starters you need to have a county court judgement against you before bailifs are sent, and this guy is a total fraudster. I thought I would write to the Greater Manchester police (that's where he is based) in case they wanted to do anything about it.

Probably get further with your local authorities trading standards department

Sponsored Links
Back