Scantronic 715r has lost contact with 9752 unit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
In installer mode I replaced the battery of a 715r IR sensor unit. However the kids had an accident which caused me to forgot to exit installer mode for several hours. Now the main unit (scantronic 9752) cannot find the sensor - it says I have a radio zone supervision fail for zone13. I cannot even get it to exit the installer mode. (Plus the light on the sensor doesn't seem to come on, despite a brand new lithium thionyl battery.)
I have got the manuals for the 9752, but they don't cover getting a sensor to reconnect. I think I need the manual for the 9955 or 9954 RFX unit that communicates with the IR sensor.
Could any kind person either tell me how to get the sensor and controller talking again, or help me with the manual for the 9955/9954 unit (I don't know which one it is, but it was installed in 2006). I have trawled the internet a lot but cannot find it.
Many thanks.

Sponsored Links
The 715r's code will be stored in the RFX and it won't be forgotten if you leave the panel in installer mode.

First, remove the battery (again) and leave it out for at least 5 minutes. Go and put the panel in walk test (command 97), take the PIR to the keypad and put the battery in. Then press the tamper switch and see if it comes up on the walk test. If it doesn't, go and stand closer to the RFX and do the tamper again.

Once you've got it on the walk test, put it back and take the panel out of installer mode (99, tick, tick).

If you can't get it to work (and you've seen the LED on the front flash) you should delete it from the RFX and re-learn it. Let us know if you need to know how to do it...

Yes you were right - there must have been a power issue with the PIR. Fiddling around with the battery, after a while the red light started flashing and the control unit recognised it again. Perhaps it is a dodgy wire from the battery. Thanks for your help.

Sponsored Links
Because these are battery powered, in normal use they "go to sleep" for 3 minutes after detecting something and sending the signal. This saves the battery when you're walking round the house.

When you open the PIR up (to change the battery), it stays active for about 15 minutes, transmitting every time it sees movement. This allows you to change all your batteries and then do a walk test without everything going to sleep. (Door contacts are always active and don't go to sleep.)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back