Scantronic 9448+ fault and hot Internal sounder

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Everyone,

I am trying to install the 9448+ but when trying to program it all the panel lights are on and I cant get a response from the keypad. turning the power off and back on again doesn't set off the tamper but what I did notice is the internal sounder gets very hot. I have never known a speaker to get hotin my life. Anyone got an idea as to what could be wrong.

Sponsored Links
No its a new panel and no wires have been removed, I just connected 2 pirs to it as its only being used in my garage.

Never assume that the panel is wired correctly check it.
I have seen new panels with wiring in the wrong places for battery leads and speakers, these are often wired up on a new panel, but the person doing it can make mistakes.

Sponsored Links
I'll check it tomorrow but I'm almost certain its right as i looked through it all today trying to figure it out, Thanks.

... i'd rather use dual techs in a garage.

So, + and -12V on the PIRs should go to the + and - AUX connections, the NC and CM alarm outputs should go to the zones and the tamper connections should be wired in series in the panel and be connected to A/T.

The internal speaker should be 16 ohms and be connected to the + and LS terminals next to the bell connections.

Ideally, you should have a door contact wired to the EE zone so that you can unset the alarm without it going off.

Make sure that you have wired the keypad the right way with CLK to CLK and DATA to DATA.

Figure 19 on page 22 of the installation manual shows it all.

<edit> Is it the plastic box one with the built-in keypad or the metal box "ES" endstation version?

Last edited:
EightyTwo.
Just to keep you informed I've not checked it yet as I painted the floor and believe it or not it recommends 7 days to fully cure. It said touch dry in 3 hours on the bloody advert.

Finally got to look at the panel again. it all looks ok to me. I took a photo of it with only the door contact connected and everything else disconnected but still when you turn the power on the internal sounder doesn't go off and all the lights are on.

Attachments

• Alarm.jpg
    Alarm.jpg
    211.6 KB · Views: 1,275
I don't know how to check the speaker for a short. I'll have to find another speaker and try it. Will any speaker do?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back