Scantronic 9651 - cannot reset, Alarm Inactive error

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, looking for some expert advice please as tearing my hair out... My Scantronic 9651 alarm will not arm because of an error on one of my PIR zones (the alarm went off last week).

The panel shows the yellow triangle light. When I enter the user code and try to arm, I get the red spanner as well as the error code, which says Burg Z03 Alarm Inactive - so issue has cleared, right? I press tick and get sent back to the time/ date.

I have tried installer reset (installer code and 99 tick tick) and no difference. Normally if the alarm activated before, this would clear the yellow triangle. I have checked zone circuit resistance (installer 199), I have opened the PIR sensor (Bosch) and all seems ok and consistent with all other PIRs in my house. Walk test (installer 97) is fine for all sensors.

I've pasted some images below. Anyone have any ideas? Could it be battery-related? I haven't changed that for c.5 years now. Never received any battery low messages though.

Thanks a lot,

Bryce

IMG_20170114_211702.jpg

IMG_20170114_211644.jpg

IMG_20170114_192729.jpg

Sponsored Links
its showing z03 as inactive which is zone 3 how have you tested sensor ? Did you install the system and do you have manual ?

its showing z03 as inactive which is zone 3 how have you tested sensor ? Did you install the system and do you have manual ?

I have checked sensor wiring is consistent with other sensors, no wires touching etc. The sensor functions properly on walk testing. I have not checked alarm box wiring as difficult to get to.

Alarm was already there when I moved in 3 years ago, I had to reset it to set up the installer code (nvm), so full new setup which has worked perfectly until now, and I haven't touched the setup since. I have the installer and user manuals.

Sponsored Links
If you have the engineer code go into zone set up and make zone 3 not used (spare),then try to set alarm.
If ok then fault on zone 3 cabling or faulty detector

If you have the engineer code go into zone set up and make zone 3 not used (spare),then try to set alarm.
If ok then fault on zone 3 cabling or faulty detector

Tried that, so that zone (3) is set as NU. That won't clear the error either. I've also tried omitting the zone as a user (user code,3) and doesn't work either.

20170115_103502.jpg

Attachments

• 20170115_103502.jpg
    20170115_103502.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 384
Come out of engineering 99 ✅
Enter user code
What does it say in display ?

Says 1 problem per image below, then after tick, shows the problem (the third image in my first photo, with red spanner illuminated), then after another tick reverts to the idle screen so date and time (the second image in my first post, with just yellow triangle).

20170115_122047.jpg

When you press tick and it says problem zone 3 then that is the fault ?
You have made that zone not used in programming so that should clear fault
You could down power panel by mains and battery and then turn power bavk on
That will re boot panel but still keep your programming,panel could have had a wobble?.

When you press tick and it says problem zone 3 then that is the fault ?
You have made that zone not used in programming so that should clear fault
You could down power panel by mains and battery and then turn power bavk on
That will re boot panel but still keep your programming,panel could have had a wobble?.

Thank you, the trusty 'pull the plug out' routine indeed did the trick. When all was back online and tamper lid replaced (including the alarm being armed, neighbours will have enjoyed that), when I entered the user code the same z03 warning came up, this time with a flashing yellow triangle, pressing tick then showed the tamper lid warning (inactive). Pressing tick then removed the yellow triangle and alarm could be armed. All room settings seem to have been saved except date and time and tone preferences etc. Thanks again.

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back