Scantronic 9751 Can't reset Tamper

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

I have a scantronic 9751 alarm panel that alerted low battery the other night. Very persistant it was :(). I changed battery and it required an engineer reset. It is a new house for me so didn't know code so i carried out the 1st stage reset so have now default codes. However I still have 2 faults a lid tamper and a pa fault both say inactive but i can not for the life of me clear these faults? I have tried entering engineers mode and entering 9, 9, tick, tick. I have also changed reset options 31, 33 and 34 to user reset but can't seem to reset. Any help would be appreciated

Sponsored Links
A ..... Lids not on right or the tamper spring has come off
b ..... You have caught a wire and pulled it out of the panic alarm in the panel ( that's if you have one ) or zone 8 if linked out is open ?

Thanks Sparkymarka for your reply. I have checked and checked again that the tamper switch is closing when lid shut and that there is nothing is disconnected in the panel. I don't have a panic button. I thought that if the tamper showed as inactive that it could be cleared only active would mean the fault still exists?

Sponsored Links
image.jpeg

Are all zones used ? Can't see from photo , try typing 199 tick , you can scroll all the zones to see if any are open

I can't seem to scroll through zones? Manual says 1 for up and 3 for down but all it does is add a 1 or 3 to display panel?

Tried it today on a panel in engineering 199 tick , it will say zone 1 plus the value , 3 moves it to the next zone.

Thanks for checking it out on another panel but when I press 199 tick it displays circuit 1 and resistance value as you say but when I press 3 it adds a 3 to top line
image.jpeg

I tried it on an en version ?? 2008 panel older keypad , try it again buy try the C and D keys

Thanks so much for your assistance. I will give it a go in the morning and let you know what I find

OK so can now scroll through circuits using "A" (up) and "C" (down). After reading info I assume I have 11 circuits in use all 11 show resistance information

1. Panel FE 2K1

2. Panel ER 2K1

3. Panel NA 2K1

4. Panel NA 2K1

5. Panel NA 2K1

6. Panel ER 2K1

7. Panel NA 2K1

8. Panel NA 2K1

9. 1 HWX NA 2K1

10. 1 HWX NA 2K1

11. 1 HWX NA 2K1

12 -16 1 HWX NU O/C

17 – 24 2 NO EX NU

No sign of a panic alarm in there , the only other thing is inside the remote keypad you can wire in a panic button on some models, check that the link inside is secure or if it has anything wired to it ?

Ok so removed cover of downstairs keypad and the is a green and white wired into panic. All looks good and secure, refitted keypad faceplate ensuring tamper switch made contact and clicked. Checked inside panel again all wires secure and in place, refitted panel lid ensuring tamper switch made contact and clicked and now have 3 Problem(s).
Lid Tamper Inactive (Red Spanner and flashing amber caution light)
K01 Tamper Inactive (Red Spanner and flashing amber caution light)
PA K01 Alarm Active (Solid Amber Light)

Right so there is a panic button wired to it , remove the green and white , put a link in where the green and white have come out from, tape up the ends of the green and white , put keypad back on, then try to come out of engineering

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back