Scantronic I-on40 and third party GSM dialler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,
I need some help to understand something and I would be very grateful if someone could guide me :)
I have the Scantronic I-ON40 alarm panel and I have just bought a Bentel BGSM-120 dialler. My question is whether I have the possibility to connect the Bentel dialler directly on the panel or if I need to have a Scantronic plug-by dialler(ie I-SD02) also and connect my Bentel dialler to the I-SD02 dialler ports. Has anyone else installed a third party dialler on Scantronic I-ON40 and can help me on this?
Many thanks in advance!!!

Sponsored Links
Thanks for reply!
I need to check as soon as I go home if I have this harness since I installed the alarm 2 years ago. I think I have it so I will update back again if I need any help :)
Thanks again!!!

Sponsored Links
I found the comms harness but I really don't understand how I should do the wiring. Below I uploaded the comms and gsm dialler instructions pictures. Is there any case I get any help on this? ;)

ps Many thanks to sparkymarka and EightyTwo for helping me out!!

In case the images are not displayed you can see them in the album link:

//www.diynot.com/network/georgetheod/albums/22363

I think I have sorted out how to connect them after your last comment EightyTwo and thanks for that!
Basically I have 3 programmable Input /Output terminals (T1-T2-T3) on my BGSM-120 dialler and I will do the following :

I will setup (through my alarm keypad) the output O/P4 of I-0N40 to be triggered on BURGLAR ALARM. I will then setup my dialler T1 port as INPUT and wire them together.

Until here I think I got them right :)

The problem I am facing is that I want to setup T2 terminal as Output on my dialler so I can remotely activate/deactivate the I-ON40. I know how to set it up on the dialler but I don't know with what port I should wire it together on the I-ON40...
Any idea?

georgetheod said:
The problem I am facing is that I want to setup T2 terminal as Output on my dialler so I can remotely activate/deactivate the I-ON40?

Just wondering why you would need to remotely activate/deactive an alarm?

when you leave the property would you not 'arm' the alarm so there would be no reason to need to do it remotely or am I missing something?

I need it when the woman doing the housekeeping will enter/leave the house because most of the times I am not there ;) . So I want to disarm the alarm when she arrives and rearm it when she leaves!

I need it when the woman doing the housekeeping will enter/leave the house because most of the times I am not there ;) . So I want to disarm the alarm when she arrives and rearm it when she leaves!

suppose that makes sense but would it not be easier to give her a code/fob? how does she do it now? I pressume you trust her in your house on her own anyway and I'm sure she could be trusted to rearm when she left?

I could give her a fob but since my dialler gives me the option of remote arm/disarm my alarm why not use it right? ;) I can have the remote arm/disarm option sitting there and I may never use it but I will know that for that 1 time I may need it I will be able to use it... :)

I could give her a fob but since my dialler gives me the option of remote arm/disarm my alarm why not use it right?

Personally I'd reduce 1 extra point of failure (ie contacting your 3rd party dialer and hoping you can get through before the cleaner can leave) and make my cleaner (if I had one :D ) arm the alarm, my Texecom system allows me to limit users access at certain times of the day/week which would also reduce the risk if their fob was stolen.

You need to connect your output to a relay (+ve to +ve and -ve to the open collector output) and then connect the contacts to a zone on the alarm. Program the zone as a 'keyswitch'. Read the handbook for the details! ;)

I could give her a fob but ..........................

So how long before & after her allotted entry/exit time are you going to turn it off/on.

What if she is early/late doesn't arrive etc

You trust her with the keys, give her the means of isolating the alarm as well, it's not a toy and needs to be operated correctly.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back