SDS Drills? Best and worse??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

I'm looking at getting an SDS Drill before chrimbo and wondered whats the best and not so best one to get??

Do they drill into concrete? Blue bricks? Granite etc??

I'm not after top of the range shizzle but dont want to buy a cheapy if you get my drift! he he.

Opinions welcome

Cheers

ZEB

Sponsored Links
I don't think i have ever used an sds bit that was not up to scratch.

However the majority of ours are either Hilti or Bosch, with the emphasis on Bosch.

I have yet to meet a material that an sds bit will not challenge.

It is as much to do with the performance of the drill as well as the bit.

I have seen drill bits where the fluted shaft below the hardened tip has worn nearly smooth! :eek:

Bosch GHB series about £100 had two now over 20 years or so, 1st gone as it was stolen.
Does all you have asked from 3mm to 32 mm in all the materials mentioned. Have even used a core drill a few times but that is taking the micky a bit with it :D

Bosch GBH 2-26 DRE / DFR (if you can still find one) or the new 2-28 which has replaced them. Might get a 2-26 cheap as it's an old model if you're lucky. 3-year warranty either way and great kit. Get yourself a decent set of bits as well, there's no point buying a good drill and putting pound shop bits in it

Sponsored Links
OOPS
Just looked GBH 2-22RE, as you can see the older one and still going strong.

Thanks Muggles for pointing this out.

Cheers guys, Looks like I'll be looking at a Bosch then.

Whats the best SDS drill bits to use for concrete?

Sorry, i thought we were talking about sds bits. :rolleyes: :confused: :LOL:

Aaanyhoo, go with an sds Bosch drill and bits and you will be able to drill through anything.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back