Seat Leon cuppa 2004

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have recently changed battery on my Leon, and now when I lock car every door locks but passenger front doesn't. U can hear it clicking to close and then releases. They were all working before I changed battery.how do I cure this.also have noticed footwell on driver side is wet 'where could that be coming from thanks

Sponsored Links
It could well be the cause of your central locking problem, there are often electrical connectors under the carpet and they can cause all sorts of weird and wonderful problems. The first thing to check for the water ingress would be the seals round the door, try opening the door after it has been raining and see if there is any sign of water in the door aperture. I don't know your car so it may be coming from some where else, I'm sure someone will be along soon who does.

Peter

It sounds like the door lock module to me. It's a very common issue with these cars (and most of the VW/Audi/Seat/Skoda range) of this vintage.
Normally, it can be fixed relatively easily as it's usually a dry joint inside the locking module. If you're handy with a soldering iron and have some basic tools to remove and fix the module it won't cost much. If you google 'mk4 golf locking module repair' you'll find plenty of information about it (y)

The wet footwell is sadly a common thing too.. If it was the passenger side then it's normally the pollen filter cover that's been re-fitted incorrectly and not sealed. Driver's side could be the bonnet release cable which runs through the rain tray behind the bulkhead. There's a rubber grommet there that seals it but it can become dislodged, creating a leak.

Also, does the car have a sunroof?

Curious how it was working before.....however any of these control modules are affected by wet, which brings us to the point - why the hell are they positioned down there in the first place??
John :)

Sponsored Links
On a Seat Leon, the door module is inside the door, positioned more or less next to the lock - same as on a Golf / A3 / Beetle - I think it's purely coincidental that it's failed at the same time as the wet floor's been discovered.
On the other hand, Passats / A4s etc have the ECU for the central convenience system within the floorpan underneath the passenger side carpet. Blocked drainage channels on these cars can cause water ingress and play havoc with the central electrics.

The reason I ask if the car has a sunroof is that there are 4 drainage tubes leading from it. 2 go down the A pillar and 2 follow the headlining of the car to the rear where they outlet behind the bumper. However, on the 2 that go down the A pillar, they outlet via a rubber nipple which is visible inside the front part of the door shut, next to the hinges. These block up over time with silt and don't open to let out the water, which in turn allows the water to build up. The drainage tubes also come away from the nipples on the inside of the A pillar, meaning any water just runs into the car.

Sorry if I've gone on a bit, I've owned plenty of these cars over the years and yet to have one without a built in swimming pool :mad:

Back