Secondhand DVD/Blueray market

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
There isn't one..

It's depressing to know every single DVD I've got (around 40-45) can be sourced for a £1 - £3

Physical media storage in the way of DVDs and even Bluerays appears to be a market that is slowly coming to a complete slump. Don't believe me ? Go on ebay and type in the name of your favourite movie in DVD format, chances are you can find it for a quid. Blue ray a little more, but only by a small margin.

Question is what do I do with the ones I've got ? They feel expensive/worthy to me, that's because of what I paid for them, in reality they are sitting around collecting dust, worthless. Slung them on gumtree and got no interest at £1 each. Next stop is the charity shop or church..

Sponsored Links
Charity shops can't shift them either, sad to say. Try your local hospital games room if there is one and the DVD's suitable? Many years ago I worked with books (a book buyer for schools) and if the order was wrong, or no longer suitable, all the publishers wanted back was one page from the front. So we were left with beautiful, new books, so we gave boxes of them to the Royal Marsden - they were chuffed. They put them in the kids den.

i started to collect dvd's when they1st came out at 20 odd quid a pop,got about 300 hundred now.
and out of principle i wont get rid of them.cant remember the last time i watched 1 though.
havnt even bothered to download any films for over a year now,streaming is the way now.

Sponsored Links
I often look in charity shops for old DVD's, especially WWII ones, and yes I pay as little as £1 each for them. Can get some good films that I never knew existed.

Was looking for Evita recently and even tried the main stores, HMV and the main supermarkets, but was told it had been discontinued. Even the charity shops didn't have a copy. Finally resorted to Amazon and managed to get it but it cost £7.

Back