Securing Concrete Fence Panels

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Am I correct in thinking the best way to secure concrete fence panels (horizontal slats), is to wedge them from above with a timber wedge in-between post and panel.

Any other suggestions????

Sponsored Links
Do you mean concrete gravel board? What problem are you having?

I was chatting to a customer today, who mentioned she'd been having problems with youngsters removing panels from her fencing, and throwing them into a gulley. The police aren't interested, and she has to rely on neighbours to replace them. The rear of the property faces onto a public footpath.

The fencing is concrete posts, with the horizontal concrete slats stacked in-between the posts (if that makes sense), so one panel is made-up of several of these horizontal concrete slats (gravelboards).

I was just wondering how people secured these, preventing them from being removed.

drill a hole post above last panel and run threaded rod through and bolt it both sides, so it pertrudes past the panel slightly.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the replies.

I like the idea of a threaded bar, but regarding drilling the posts - are they reinforced within?

yes normally one in the centre and one towards each corner. fairly easy to go through it or avoid it, its only thin stuff

I have used the laminated flooring plastic wedges down the edge tight further down with a thin batten and hammer it in of the wooden panels to stop them moving if you don't fancy drilling holes, not sure if the wedges will be any good on concrete panels

I would have thought the extrnal grade of a no-more-nails type adhesive, squirted into the crack, would stop vandals lifting them out.

Also, the 12" boards are extremely heavy, and would be more difficult to remove than the 6" panels.

Adding non-drying anti-climb paint to the top one would also be entertaining.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back