Securit 700L (C & K Securitech Alarm)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I have the above alarm installed in my property, it has been working fine until last night when the alarm wouldn't arm. After opening and closing the main exit door the bell chimed and the system armed, this evening the same problem happened again. I have done all tests outlined in the manual with all being successful apart from "Zone 1" failing the test, I unscrewed the Magnetic Switch on the door and can here something rattling inside. After shaking the switch and placing next to the door frame I can get the chime to sound and the alarm to arm, when fixing back to the door the switch wont make contact. This leads me to believe the switch is broken, do you agree? If so where do I get a replacement and how easy is it to install a new one? Is it wired to the panel or on a remote frequency?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Steve

Sponsored Links
Sticking or broken reed switch in contact , a couple of quid from screwfix... And you have taken off the magnet which do rattle !

I have seen the magnets on concealed contacts break away from the rectangular plate and set off into the door down an overly-deep 20mm hole. They then start to twist as the door is repeatedly banged shut and so move to the wrong orientation. This means that the contact in the frame doesn't close when the door closes! :eek:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back